Thursday, September 20, 2012

Rest.


It's been a while since I took pictures just for the heck of it. During the "donation" period of Ireland it seemed that I was getting a lot of gigs, but very little time to take personal pictures. I know this is kinda one month late but here are a few that I took over Labor Day weekend. 

A few things about what these represent....
Recently I have been feeling very stressed. There have been many days where I just simply cry and cry after work. I know that my soul needs rest and not just physical rest, but spiritual rest. The bible says that only God is able to give the soul rest. So if you find yourself wandering to and fro, and feel that peace has left your heart, then ask yourself, have I ever entered God's rest?

We have a few cheesy lines at my church that we say every Sunday morning after service: "At Faith (name of my church) We love God, We love people, and We love Life". Using those three lines I believe God spoke to me this week while my body was feeling exhausted and tired from a full day of work. I imagined God asking me, "You know Michel, you love me. And you love those around you, but do you love your life?" And it hit me. It was a small realization but it hit me in the gut. God, I said, you know...sometimes I feel it's hard to love my life. Because my mind is always somewhere else. I always think of the past, and I always think of the future. Sometimes, to be honest, the past haunts me and the future scares me. But you know....sometimes I forget to think of the present. And when I forget to live in the present, I do not love my life.
 Now don't get me wrong...I do love my life, and I cherish the time God is giving me with my family here on earth, but that lack of rest, that lack of peace, can never get better in my own strength. And it is only in His rest that I can even say I give all unto thee, my Lord and Savior.

Labor Day Weekend in Galveston-Loving Life






No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your Comment Here