Sunday, December 8, 2013

Bizarre/ free photo shoot/ practicing

As we all know there comes a time when your old shoes just don't cut it anymore and you need to buy a new pair. When you do buy a new pair however, you encounter that phase that people like to call "breaking in"'. Well, Michy Photography has come to this point. We had so much fun with our little Nikon D5000, but now that we are getting more "serious" we needed something a little bigger. The Castros have recently updated to a Nikon D800 :).

Our 5000 paved the way to success, but now we must mature and grow. We hope and we also pray that this was the right choice. Brian and I really think hard before making a drastic decision like this. Before we bought this camera we actually covered it with our prayers. We pray that it may be used for Him, and that He will get all the glory. We hope this remains the same until the Lord takes us to other levels.

Big difference eh???


That being said, we had rented a couple of lenses this weekend in order to "break-in" our new camera. (lenses are quite expensive; for the moment we are saving up for some). Then,  due to poor weather this weekend our photo shoots got cancelled. I looked for a brave soul that would dare to go out despite the cold weather but had trouble finding one. Even though the offer was FREE! I just wanted some practice...

 Last minute, I was looking at my instagram and found a picture of an old friend...I thought to myself, I wonder if....and yes ladies and gents, she dared!

The one and only Priscy Salazar! Here's a sneak peek of a small, less than an hour shoot. This is all I was asking for, thanks Priscy for being willing and being my model! You broke in our new d800! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your Comment Here